Potato and Pea Salad | ChopChop
I don’t really like peas, but it would be useful to, because they’re often in things, so I want to like them. I like most other veggies, and I especially like garlicky things. I also love mint and feta! If peas aren’t the main part of the dish, it might help me not have to take it so suddenly.
Sincerely, Birdy Newman, age 8
Sharp Knife (adult needed)
Garlic Press (if you have one)
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water.
- Put the pot on the stove and turn the heat to high.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and cook until the potatoes are firm but slightly tender, about 7 minutes.
- Pour the potatoes into the colander and set them aside for 10 minutes.
- Put the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the vinaigrette and gently mix with a rubber spatula. Stir in the peas, mint and/or basil, and feta right before serving.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
“Minced” means finely chopped.
Dear Sally, I had seconds! I love herbs, so I thought I’d like it, but I didn’t think I’d like it that much! I used basil and mint because I love them both. I didn’t even really taste the peas or try to avoid them, which seems like a good way to start liking them. We’re definitely going to make this again!
Thank you. Sincerely, Birdy.