Zesty Potato Salad | ChopChop
Mayonnaise-based potato salad is great—but we like this one even more! The vinaigrette dressing (a fancy way to say oil-and-vinegar) makes it tangy and delicious. If you like, you can prepare the other ingredients— including the dressing—while the potatoes are cooking.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Colander or strainer
- Put the potatoes and 1 tablespoon vinegar in the pot. Cover with cold water, put the pot on the stove, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 10–15 minutes. Drain the potatoes in the colander or strainer and transfer them to the bowl.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar, the oil, mustard, and salt in the bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the bowl with the vinegar and stir gently with the spatula, and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Add the celery, scallions, and parsley and mix gently.
- Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.